Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New years resolutions!

Do you ever feel like every year you make the same darn resolutions.   I do.  The only difference is in the lose weight section of my resolutions, the number or amount of weight to lose gets bigger and bigger every year.  That is the only variation.  Sad huh?  Well, pity parties aside,  one of my goals this year is to graduate from college.  Guess what!  I'm doing it.  I am taking my last class at BYU-I.  When this class is over, I will have my bachelors degree in history.  I know, I know big deal but it feels nice to have finished my degree even if it is on something I can do nothing with.  Not like I was planning on doing something with a degree anyway,  I'm soo busy with my kids etc... so I guess my degree served it's purpose.  It gave me knowledge,  knowledge which was fresh in my mind when I started, but which through the years and several pregnancies has diminished dramatically.  Hey you can't have it all in this life right?  Maybe once Zeb gets a permanent job teaching somewhere I can take classes for free and refresh my brain.

7 comments:

Z. Marie said...

Or start a master's degree. Getting the bachelor's is just the first step.

Z. Marie said...

Or start a master's degree. Getting the bachelor's is just the first step.

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

Way to go Daisy!

Weeks said...

I was actually thinking I would slowly work on a nursing degree after having one more (and last) child.

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...

I feel the same way as you about resolutions - and you said exactly what I have been feeling about the weight part, too! HA! Talk about depressing! That's great you are going to finish school! That is a lofty goal and I think that is the best way to focus on goals... Baby steps, baby steps! Way to go!

Hester said...

congrats daisy. I have my BA is history too. Its what all the cool kids do.

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

I just noticed your pictures of Christmas and the snow. Are those recent? It looks like you guys are having a good time!