Friday, May 1, 2015

Frances Olive Weeks "Franny" June 24,2013



SO there she is! She is almost two now. I cant believe it. From sweet to spunky overnight. This little bundle has made all of us whole!!! 



She was born in a Birthing Center in Provo. Heather Shelly was my midwife. We decided to have the baby in a birthing center and not in the hospital because of money. It costs $14,000 to have a baby in the hospital. If you pay up front: $8,000. Heather charged us around $2,000. She let Zeb pay off must of the bill with labor.  So the baby's birth was practically free. It was a hard decision to make because I was 39 years old and not in great shape. This also was my third v-bac and I had toxemia before. So there were lot's of risks but after much prayer we decided to go ahead and have the baby all natural. It was a wonderful experience. She came super duper fast. Too fast for the midwifes team to arrive in time. She ended up calling her sister who lived a block away from the Birthing Center to help her with the birth. I wanted to have a water birth but she came so fast that the pool was not quite full. I birthed her standing up and then sat in the water. Oh well. It was wonderful nonetheless. Painful but wonderful. We will never forget this great blessing of health and this most needed time in our life. 



Add caption





























No comments: