Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halloween Preview








Well, you have all seen Saul's Halloween costume. He is going to wear that Superman PJ that he was wearing in the pictures a few blogs ago. Mateo is going to be a Vampire. I made the cape he is wearing here. (I'm very proud of that one. thank you very much) For the girls I thought they could wear Saris. Wallmart had a nice sale on this stretchy see-through-ish fabric so I bought it and wrapped the girls up. I think it looks cute but I wish Janet was here to help us because the fabric is too slippery and I think too long. Oh well we will see how it all turns out in the end. I hope I remember to take pictures. The girls re excited, hopefully they wont change their mind about their costume AGAIN!

I am making everyone quilts for Christmas. I went to the quilting store to look for some fabric and was pleasantly surprised to find that they had Halloween fabrics for $1 a yard. That is unheard of for a fabric store!!! I bought a yard of five different ones, came home that night and made all the kids pillowcases to sleep with and to use for their candy while trickortreating (is that a word?) Went back the next morning to buy more and the entire selection was GONE!!! I knew I should have bought more!

4 comments:

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

You are amazing Daisy! I love the costumes and the pillowcases! What a neat idea!

Em J. said...

Yay! So glad you posted! It's fun to see how you guys are doing! Loved the pillowcases, too! Has a bird ever landed on Saul on the porch? :) You'll have to put a hammock out there as he grows!

Kascia and Travis Lybbert said...

You are fun Daisy! I never do anything like that: sew, buy fabric and think to sew, make fun things for my kids. I am so dull and so boring! I don't know how you do that, I just have two kids. I am so lame.

Anyway, I love the girls outfits and tell Mateo he looks really scary. I wish they could come trick or treating at my house. Oh, that would be so fun.

Also, WAY TO GO EVERYONE for running the 5K. I am so impressed. Laura is a little runner isn't she? What cuties they all are. They do all look in shape and healthy. Beautiful family!

And I'm extremely impressed with Jose. WOW! WOW! WOW! Go Jose.

Kascia and Travis Lybbert said...

Oh, also, I think we are all going to be wearing India costumes around here. My parents sent an outfit for Lily but it is just now fitting her. So that is what she is going to be. And Travis and I also have an outfit we will wear. Tell Laura and Claudia they must stick with this outfit so they can be "twinners" with us. We'll try to post some pics of us too when we get there. I'm not sure what Ash is going to be. Maybe a Sikh? If I new how to wrap the head up.