Friday, February 29, 2008

The little brown bag


One of the many reasons for quitting the Foreign Service is the fact that living overseas with little children is quite a challenge. One can expect the kids to get stomach infections or to be a bit more clear... BUGS in their tummies. This is something I thought I could control and stand, but it turns out it's stressing me out way tooooo much. Juarez is not that bad for this kind of thing but imagine if we were sent to India or something like that! Alice you are my hero. How did you ever do it with nine kids? The brown bag contains a little present for the lab. We are all getting tested for bugs before we leave. 12-14 little presents for the lab technicians. It sucks to be them! It sucks to be us! It sucks to be ME who had to collect them all!!!

4 comments:

Em J. said...

Next time decorate the bag for kicks and giggles for the lab folks. :) I think you gave your family a great adventure and new friends! Perhaps you can go overseas for a senior mission. No one is complaining over here that you'll be as close as Elko! Yahoo!

Z. Marie said...

Isn't it amazing that all the places that sounded sooooooo cool when we were at Oakwood seem so much less appealing now that we've been out? Even if "out" isn't really that remote a place.
Nevada will be great. Plus, you won't have to move every two or three years unless you really want to.

Weeks said...

Amen Zoe!

Jacob said...

You know I lived in india for 3.5 years ... I pretty much ate anything and everything that I could get my hands on at any hole in the wall along the street; I brushed my teeth and rinsed using water straight unfiltered out of the tap ... and only had to take a brown bag to the med unit ...ONE TIME!

Although on my mission in russia ...I had much more run ins with bugs ... after the first brown bag there ... I always just went straight for the drugs ... why wait for the lab tech to tell me what I already knew.