Monday, December 14, 2009

Laura's Baptism!






The highlight of the year! What a beautiful experience. I will never forget how I felt as soon as we walked into the church that day. It was so peaceful. When Laura and I went to the locker room area of the bathroom to get her changed into her baptism clothes I felt like we were in the Temple. We automatically started whispering and there was a feeling of reverent happiness which resembled the way I felt on my Wedding Day. All these years of having learned about how baptism is a covenant with the Lord became very real at Laura's baptism. I attended Primary, served a mission, taught primary etc.... This principle has been taught to me and I have taught it many times in my life, but I guess it took a child of my own getting baptized to be able to really gain a testimony of how real and important the covenant of baptism is. It was a faith promoting experience which has made me try to be a lot more reverent during Sacrament since it is a renewal of that special covenant. Laura we are proud of you and love you so very much! ( The little girl on the picture with Laura is her friend Breckley from school. They are in the same class and happened to get baptized the same day. The beautiful hairdo was Emily's creation. Thank you Emily).

4 comments:

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...

Way to go Laura, you looked beautiful on your baptism day. We are sad we missed it! Hope to see you all soon!

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

Congratulations Laura! We are so proud of you! You look so grown up. We love your hairdo too. It's so pretty!

Kascia and Travis Lybbert said...

We are so happy for you Laura!!! You are such a good girl!! Way to go!! And I love your baptism pictures. You and your Dad look so cute! And what a pretty white dress you wore that day! Also, what fun hair!!!!! You'll have to teach me how to do that so I can do that hairdo to Lily one day!

Come visit me, okay???????? I know it is a far drive, but I will try to make it really fun for you when you get here. I'll try to make it worth it!!!!

Love you Laura!!!

Kascia and Travis Lybbert said...

Dais, I'm glad it was such a sweet day for you! Thanks for sharing! You're great!