Sunday, December 20, 2009

Our house turned into a home!




How to turn a house into a home? Well I think it takes many things but a piano has made a big difference in our home. We are so excited! Laura has been taking piano lessons and has been doing really well. We don't need to remind her to practice. We had a keyboard and she would get on it every day and practice her songs. Her teacher says she is doing extremely well. We are very excited for her.
BYU-I was auctioning a bunch of pianos from around campus. Some were pretty beat up but two of them were in very good condition. This was one of them. We placed our bid not thinking we would get it since we only bid one dollar higher than the minimum but in the end we got it! The BYU-I pianos are tuned every semester and so far this one seems to have been somewhat pampered. We feel very lucky.
When we told Laura that this piano was for her and the family to practice on she almost cried with joy. It was a special moment. Our living room has come to life. It not only looks beautiful but there is music constantly playing. I LOVE IT! Next semester I am taking a beginners piano class at BYU-I. Cool huh?

1 comment:

Babs said...

I love that Laura cried for joy. Remind her of that when she doesn't want to practice :D I love that you got that, it really will make a big difference. Love you guys!