Sunday, October 12, 2008

B--Y--U-- IDAHO!!!!!!!

Rexburg Temple.
We loved the Rexburg temple. It sits up on a big hill and feels like it watches over the whole city.

These falls are by the town Twin Falls. Impressive.

I guess David and Emily can be B-Y-U COUGARS fans; but for now, I hope they forgive us but we are going to be B-Y-U IDAHO!!!! fans. At least for one year. We just got back from Rexburg. Zeb had quite a rigorous interviewing process to go through on Tuesday the 7th. Claudia, Mateo Titus and I went with him. As you can see in the pictures, we stayed in the hotel most of that day. They told Zeb, after he taught two classes and went through about six interviews that if he were to get the job offered to him, not to expect anything longer than one year. They said it is only a one year position!!! Then they said that they would call him in about a week to tell him if he got it or not. They were very nice about it but also very clear. The next day, Wednesday, we headed back home to Spring Creek. We stopped at Jake and Amy's house (Erika's brother and sister in law) They have done a beautiful job in their house. I was very jealou... oops I mean impressed=) Not long after leaving their house Zeb got THE PHONE CALL and got the job offered to him. I was so excited I cried. They said that they offered the job to him right away because they did not want him to take a position anywhere else. Does this mean they liked him well enough to keep him longer than a year? Who knows? I think that even though we hope for longer than a year we will just expect one. That's OK, I have faith that someday we will settle somewhere. Hopefully that someday comes before the millennium (as opposed to after it. ha ha) In all seriousness what I feel most grateful for is the fact that finally someone in academics appreciated Zeb's hard work and many talents. That meant the world to me.

7 comments:

Em J. said...

We are SO thrilled for you guys! I'm so happy for Zeb and will be very excited to visit! Your blog about made me cry with this great news and pictures and all of Abuelo's stuff as well! I see it's snowing in Rexburg tonight but the temperature looks similar to Elko. *We're thrilled your BYU Maniacs, too!! Welcome to the club!

Babs said...

Oh you guys, we're just so happy for you! When we got your voice mail I started screaming, I was so thrilled! It was great talking to you guys yesterday too--you sound so excited! We are planning a trip to Elko before you leave to see your new, soon to be old house :) Love you guys!

Z. Marie said...

Wow, it's going to be great! I've never been to Rexburg, but I've heard all kinds of good things about it. When will you be moving?

amy k said...

We are excited as well. You are welcome here anytime!

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

I am so mad at you guys! You didn't even give Spring Creek eight months! Just kidding! It is a wonderful opportunity, and now I have a reason to go and visit that part of Idaho! It looks gorgeous! I am happy for you guys! I know you have to move on! It has been so fun having you guys live next door!

Natalie said...

Congratulations, we will miss you!! It has been so fun getting to know you and your family!! God Bless!!

The Laundry Queen said...

I linked to your blog through Barb's. Your family is looking great, and tell Zeb congrats! The breadsticks at Craigo's Pizza there in Rexburg really rock!