Thursday, October 30, 2008

Monster Bash!!!

Today Laura's school celebrated Halloween in a very cool way. They got the whole school assembled at the gym and had a "parade" of costumes. They went one class at a time. It was wild and loud but quite organized. Lot's of fun!!! I thought the first grade teachers did a great job with their outfits. They were the "Vowel doctors". I thought that was really cute. Laura's teacher is second from right to left. Her name is Mrs. McLeod. She has truly been a blessing for Laura. She is a wonderful, wonderful teacher. The principal and vice principal stole the show with their Obama/McCain impersonations. It was hilarious!!! There is a lot of excitement and school spirit at this school. Daphne looked stunning in her "black bride" dress. Laura wanted to be a normal bride dressed in white so I bought shiny white cheap fabric and worked on my non-existent sewing skills. The dress turned out pretty cute. Laura loved it, I guess that's what matters most right? Tomorrow is the real Halloween. There will be no school because it's Nevada day. I will post later and have picture of the rest of the kids. I included a clip from the Monster Bash so you can get a small idea of how loud and crazy it was. The clip has the "presidential candidates" leaving the room.










3 comments:

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...

Your sewing skills look pretty amazing to me! Way to go! Laura looked really cute! Sounds like Halloween was fun this year! We miss you guys!
Moriya

Babs said...

Wow! Laura looks SO pretty! What a little cutie. And seriously, great job on the dress.

Grigg Family said...

I'm so impressed with that beautiful dress you made Laura. She looked so great in it.